Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Are we ready for a President de Castro?

Should President Arroyo go or stay? That's the questioin that many are asking today. I will purposely skirt answering this question. Rather I will pose some thought-provoking questions.

If Arroyo resigns, are we prepared for a President Noli de Castro?

Some are chanting that both should resign. I'm not advocating that Noli should be the next president. But for the sake of our fledgling democracy, constitutional ascension must be respected and observed. Otherwise, we will open Pandora's political box and let all hell break loose. A mockery will be made of the Constitution.

So I go back to my question: Are we prepared for a President Noli de Castro? Hmmmm. . .

Yes, we can also have him impeached (assuming we find an impeachable offense) after he takes office. But are we prepared to do that? Can our ailing economy withstand another shock wave? I don't think so. I think we need to seriously consider the ramifications of an Arroyo resignation or impeachment.

Should she stay? Should she go? Hmmmm. . . thinnk about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has a purpose in what is happening right now!
I think HE want's us to find out what is HE teaching us.....
God's love for us...
still remains.